Have you ever wondered why you can’t seem to get to the next level in profits or why certain relationships rarely improve with your best efforts? Have you struggled and suffered through events and circumstances that you believe are out of your control? I certainly have and so do all of the family business peers that I have communicated with.
I will highlight some of the barriers and a plan that you can follow to successfully increase your profits and improve your relationships:
1) As human beings we have certain beliefs and thoughts that we maintain consciously or unconsciously. These beliefs are ingrained in our minds through various sources from the time we are conceived. Some beliefs are associated with money. What we have heard and felt about money has a direct relationship to how much wealth we create for ourselves. For example, if any family member such as your parents every stated, “That millionaire made it off our backs and robbed us poor folks blind.” If any negative comments were made, consciously or unconsciously, you are likely to sabotage your abilities to be wealthy. Deep down, you don’t want to become who you don’t like. If you cherished and admired millionaires, you will have a better chance at not sabotaging your ability to becoming one of them.
This is the first step in moving towards increased profits, your mindset.
2) The next step is believing that it can be accomplished. That also means silencing the negative conversations in your head and those who work with you. One of the best ways to do so is to draw up a step by step plan with mini goals.
3) Set a realistic goal with a date. Then work backwards on how you will reach that goal. Each step must have a date and a number or fact that will be achieved. The mind works best with numbers and facts.
4) Celebrate each and every step that you reach. This will help reduce the negative mind “Frick.” The positive effect of celebrating your wins is priceless.
5) When you stumble forward, yes stumble forward, recommit to the next goal and keep up the momentum. Stumbling is part of the journey forward. The most successful entrepreneurs clearly understood that and never gave up.
6) While on this journey understand that you are not alone and that each of us, as human beings, have our own minds to work with. By utilizing common goals, commitments to each other, believing that we have abilities beyond our wildest dreams, and learn to understand and accept each other, anything is possible.
7) Give up your story. Yes, give up your story. As human beings, we are great story creators. We give meaning to everything that happens and justify why. Once we start to realize what we are doing in our minds and just be present, the impossible now becomes possible.
Make your intensions known and be true to your intentions. By stating what your intentions are and allowing others to be your guide, other people will likely feel more committed.
9) Be a stand for what you know to be right. Being a stand does not mean to be stubborn but to be open to challenges. No person should die by an idea or truth. Just look at what happened in 9/11. How many truths changed in one day?
10) Enjoy the ride!
If you have any questions or would like to communicate with me, please click on the contact button above. Thank you for reading this blog, I would love to hear from you.